I've had this lovely peach coloured cotton sitting in my stash for a few years. It seemed like a great choice for these items. It wasn't until I was nearly finished with all the sewing that I really realised how very sheer it is... These pjs will not be worn in public after all... But it's ok, they will be good for lounging around at home in the summer.
I ordered lots of elastic lace from eBay ages ago. Metres and metres of it in all kinds of colours. It's not the best quality but it's fun to use. Note to self: do NOT iron synthetic lace!
All the patterns are ones I have made several times. The top is Burda 3379 which I first used back in 2010 when it was already an old-ish pattern. I added some pleated lace before sewing down the facing.
The bloomers are made using the free Colette Madeleine Mini Bloomers pattern. I added some length to the legs and also raised the waistline a few cm too. I skipped the ribbon tie thingy at the legs and put in a simple row of elastic instead. They got lace at the hem. And a tiny bow
The panties were made with a modified version of a panties pattern from The Secrets of Sewing Lingerie book. I always cut the gusset separately from the front piece to save fabric and also anyway I prefer a completely enclosed gusset.
I always melt the ends of my ribbons using a candle. Very easy way to stop them fraying.